Mice and Rats
Mice and Rats
Rats and Mice are rodents that not only destroy and damage materials by gnawing, eating and contaminating, but they are also a danger to human health through the transmittal of disease.
Signs of Infestation Include:
- Gnaw Marks: New gnaw marks or holes tend to be rough where older marks are smooth from wear. Older markings are often greasy.
- Droppings: Fresh droppings are soft and moist whereas old droppings are dried and hard.
- Tracks and Footprints: Front foot 4-toed usually in front of a longer hind print with 5 toes. Fresh track are clear and sharp whereas old are partially obscured by dust.
- Rub Marks: Dark greasy markings of vertical surfaces. Fresh marks are soft, greasy and easily smear whereas old are dry and flaky.
- Burrows: Found in earthen banks, under concrete slabs and under walls. If active free of dust and cobwebs. Main opening usually with hard packed soil, rub marks may be visible.
- Runways: Consistently follow same paths, usually along walls, stacked merchandise, etc. Active runways will have a greasy appearance, free of dust, cobwebs and will contain fresh tracks and droppings.
- Damaged Goods: Meat, fish, cereal, fruits and vegetables. Dog food is a favorite.
The key to control is identification, sanitation, harborage elimination and rat proofing. Call us for an estimate to help control your rat or mice problem today.
Set the move-out date for your pests today by calling Northwest Pest Control!